"A true journey of discovery lies not in seeking new shores but in finding new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Chance for me to Pay it Forward

A highlight in Dallas was learning that each STOY had been given one of the best gifts I could ever have imagined.  The University of Phoenix was gifting each of us with a Pay It Forward Scholarship -- a  full four year college scholarship we could give to a student of our choice.  Many of us were moved to tears at the prospect of making a difference in a child's life with the chance of a college education.  My heartfelt thanks go out to President Bill Pepicello (left) and Dean Meredith Curley from the University.  Your generosity leaves me speechless! I am working with the guidance department at FHS to find the perfect candidate.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment