"A true journey of discovery lies not in seeking new shores but in finding new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Out of the Woodwork...

One of the joys of being named MA Teacher of the Year has been reconnecting with people from my past.  I have heard from students now in high school and college, their parents, old friends and colleagues I have had the honor of working with over my teaching career.  I have even heard from classmates from college. Tonight I was touched to receive a letter from someone I had not heard from in more than twenty years!  As an undergraduate I had a work study job under a lovely woman named Alyce.  We have been out of touch for years now but Alyce wrote to say she had read about me in the Quinnipiac University alumni magazine!  This letter really got me thinking about Alyce and all the other people who have influenced my life along this journey.  The teacher I have become is comprised of bits and pieces from all the people who have touched my life. Each day as I enter my classroom I hope that I am touching the lives of my students in some small way. Valentines Day seems an appropriate time to say thank you to all of you and a special thank you to Alyce for taking the time to write to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment