"A true journey of discovery lies not in seeking new shores but in finding new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Monday, November 23, 2009

Southampton Successfully Launched into Literacy!

Today I had a wonderful morning at 2008 TOY Mike Flynn's home base, the William E. Norris School in Southampton where I was invited to give the keynote at the kickoff of their new district wide literacy initiative. I hit a milestone today - one successful powerpoint presentation under my belt! With my new remote clicker (complete with laser) in hand I conquered the computer/projector connection and teachertube video! It was great fun to speak about my passion - teaching reading and writing and I wish the district great success as they move forward. I am particularly happy to see them taking advantage of the teacher leaders in their own district. Mike, as always, was gracious and helpful in sharing his experiences and a few helpful powerpoint tips with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment