"A true journey of discovery lies not in seeking new shores but in finding new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tiny bubbles...

Julie and I
Sir William Osler once wrote, "No bubble is so iridescent or floats longer than that blown by a successful teacher."  Tonight I was asked by Richard Pho a student from my class of 2004, to give the keynote speech at the Framingham High School National Honor Society induction ceremony.  I was honored to present another student, Lindsay Ortmeyer, with her certificate and it was a reunion of sorts as I exchanged hugs and photos with former students Ting Ting Ge, Julie Clancy, Mark Li,  Mahad Gudal and their families. Teachers blow many bubbles each day.  We watch them float away and once in a while one or two float back to us, mature and beautiful.  Tonight was one of those times...

No comments:

Post a Comment