"A true journey of discovery lies not in seeking new shores but in finding new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

Sunday, May 9, 2010

MTA - Find Your Norma Rae

"Find your inner Norma Rae, stand up and speak your mind."  Today I was able to bring my message to 1,200 colleagues at the MTA's Annual Meeting in Boston. My message has been evolving over the course of the year and I am starting to feel that I am making an impact.  I feel empowered.  I spent a lovely evening with delegates from my local, the Framingham Teacher's Association, and participated as a delegate at the meeting.  It was an example of democracy in action.  Although frustrating at times when discussion went on for far too long I was impressed by the passion and commitment all delegates had to further excellence in education. Thank you to the MTA and the FTA for honoring me today - nothing feels warmer than recognition from your peers.  http://www.massteacher.org/news/headlines/headlines_2010-05-08.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment